Thursday, January 2, 2014

Recipe: Homemade Goo-Be-Gone

I love stickers.

Well, I love stickers as prizes more than I love giving my children a constant stream of candy or cheap plastic junk that will break in two seconds, only to be found by my bare feet at two am. But stickers on the kids TKD uniforms are the ban of my exisitence. Even if I take them off before the laundry, they leave a goopy residue that I cannot get off.

That is, before I turned to Pinterest and found a Homemade Goo-Be-Gone recipe.



You will need:
An article of clothing or whatever with sticky goo from stickers on it
a small bowl
measuring spoons
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons baking soda
a paper towel or old tooth brush

The the bowl, mix the oil and the baking soda.

Using the paper towel or old tooth brush, gently scrub some of the mixture into the goo.  Use a little at a time, mixing more as needed. You don't want to over do the oil, as you could end up with oil stains.


The goo should clump up and start peeling off. The black writing you see on the background is my child's name, written in Korean.

As soon as I had the goo removed, I popped the uniform in the wash. They came out nice and clean!

*Note: I have not tried this with other oils. I imagine it would be okay but, as always, spot check before you do the whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment