Friday, August 3, 2012

I am bitter

The new mandate began Aug. 1. Yay. Free birth control for all. Oh, wait... there never was a birth control crisis in America. You could always get free or inexpensive birth control or (get this!) just not have nookie if you weren't ready for a baby.

Intercourse is not a right.

"Dude," you say, "chill out. I don't want this to be one of those hard core political blogs."

Well, dude, me either but I am slightly bitter. We got the final statement from the insurance company and the children's hospital over speech therapy. Denied. Yay. Do you want to know how much we had to pay for this? Well, our portion of the NICU bill was cheaper.

Not joking.

We are now looking at several hundred dollars a month out of pocket in speech therapy for who knows how long. Don't tell me speech therapy isn't health care. It is. I want YOU to not know how to talk and see how you like it. In fact, perhaps speech therapy should fall under mental health care since my son, and many others with his condition, have some anxiety when it comes to talking to people they do not know. Do you know how debilitating this can be? I do.

I am actually NOT for public health care; at least, as it currently stands in Washington. If we're going to have public health care, let's not give health care where we don't need it (and let's not try to make the Church change the way she operates!) but give help to those who NEED it.

Having "protected" intercourse whenever you want it is not a right. Trying to make the Church offer something that violates Her moral code is REALLY not a right and is not a good idea. But my son's talking?

That is a right. He has the RIGHT to a voice and his parents are going to help him have one, stupid mandate or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment