Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The benefits of a loosing team

My husband loves baseball and, I used to joke, is one of the few remaining fans of our local major league team. Me? It doesn't include water or people in Speedos, so I go once a year for the food. And because I love my husband... but, yeah, the food.

Our local team has had a rebuilding decade or two. Last year, they were just beginning to get good and this year, they have been REALLY REALLY good. Like, "may go to play offs" good. Normally, I would be like, "Ah, our local team is on the cover of Sports Illustrated! Cool!" and that would be that. However, since DH is a fan, it's been all baseball, all the time around here.

To say I am over this whole thing would be an understatement. I am so tired of the sports channel. I am tired of talking baseball. I am tired of listening to my husband and father talk about baseball. I am tired of DH going to games and bringing home fake plastic helmets that once held nachos. (You can't put them in the dishwasher and they are impossible to store.) Normally, I would have my husband and TV back by now but that isn't the case. From April until October, it has been BASEBALL!!!!

Ugh.

At least when they were losers, I could watch my own TV shows and talk about something other than baseball. I'm happy that they are having two great years in a row but... is the season over yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment