Wednesday, October 9, 2013

James

I don't talk about him often.

At least, I think he was a him. I'm not sure and won't be sure, this side of heaven.

In November of 2002, I became pregnant. Shortly after, I experienced a miscarriage. It was painful, both physically and emotionally. I named the baby James, because my due date was around the feast of St. James. For those of you rapidly doing the math, the Feast of St James is at the end of July and, yes, I became pregnant with Joseph around that time.

Talking about a miscarriage is a very personal choice. For me, I delt with my feelings a long time ago. I remember him every November but I don't feel called to talk about it much anymore.

But Pregnancy and Infant Loss is an especially tender topic. If people WANT to talk about their babies, babies who lived only in their womb or for a short time thereafter, they SHOULD. They SHOULD be allowed to say, "I had a child. She lived and was loved and was wanted. She had a personality, a soul and is and always will be MY CHILD."


I want to hear YOUR stories.


On October 15th, this blog will be silent. I will stop yakking for a day. Not in honor of anyone or in memory of anyone but because I want YOU to be the entry for the day. I want YOU to fill my ComBox with stories of your babies. Tell me as much or as little as you like. Tell their names, how old they were or would be. Tell me what you want me to know.

The comment moderation will stay ON. This will be judgment free zone and comments that are inappropriate will be deleted. I will approve comments as fast and as soon as I can.

If you don't want to comment on the blog, please post on Slaying Dragons. The same comment rules apply and I will delete comments that are not respectful.

If you have experienced a loss and don't wish to comment, know that I am thinking of you and your baby(ies) are wonderful, even if I never met them.

Pin the image of the rose and ladybug to help share this or share the link on Facebook or Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment