Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Overheard: Just like Mom!

While I was visiting my parents house, the zipper on my jeans broke. I literally stood up and it split in two. Yeah, that did nothing for my self-esteem. Thankfully, I had a skirt with my but I needed a pair of jeans for that day's outfit. My sister was no help, because she is in the Family Way and all her jeans currently have an elastic panel. My mother is taller than I am (eh, who isn't?) but offered me a pair of her pants until I could get to Target. I accepted, but questioned if they would be too long for me.

Mom: Well, you could just roll them up.
Me: Um, no. I'm not eight and I hated it then and I hate it now!
Mom: Just until you get to Target.
Me: Maybe.

My mom pulls out a pair of her jeans and I know they will fit... because they are the exact same style of jeans that I buy. Great. I not only wear Mom-jeans but I wear GRANDMA jeans!

I bemoan this fact as she pulls out another pairs and says, "Oh, capris! These should be the perfect length for you!"

Thank you, Mom. Not only do we wear the same jeans, you just told me I am so short that I can wear capris as jeans! Okay, yeah, well maybe I can but...

I need a drink now And a gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment