Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Overheard: Jesus and FancyGirl

The other day I was checking Facebook while the kids snacked when Camille sprang a question on me: "Mommy, when will Jesus come for the second time?"

Wondering where in the heck that came from AND being pleased that I had studied the verse about not even Jesus knowing when the world will end at Bible Study, I said, "No one knows, honey. In the Bible, it even says that Jesus Himself doesn't know."

"But WHAT IF someone says they do know when Jesus will come again?" she persisted.

"Then they are lying, honey. If Jesus doesn't know, and only God knows, then the people on earth really aren't going to know!"

"But WHAT IF...."

"Cami, Jesus said He doesn't know. It's important to enjoy life, take care of everyone and when Jesus comes, it will be a big surprise." I paused for a moment and then said, "Why do you want to know?"

"I just really miss Fancy," she said with a sigh. "I know that when Jesus comes again, I will be able to see her."

Oh.

Sniffle.

It's been almost three years since Fancy died and Camille and Joseph still talk about her. Camille seems to have our old dog on her mind more than anyone else. Every once in awhile, she will bring up Fancy in heaven or how Fancy likes to play in heaven. She's said more than once that Jesus is taking care of Fancy until He comes again and we get to see her. She's been speaking about faith more lately and I think she's internalized and understands more than we realize.

Today is Mardi Gras! If I don't see you until Easter, have a blessed and holy Lent! If you're hanging around through Lent, don't worry- I'm going to keep posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment