Thursday, July 12, 2012

That is not crickets you hear

One of my "in real life" friends told me that she has been hearing the sound of crickets chirping when she opens my blog. I know I have been quiet but I've been busy! I know, everyone says that but it is true!

Friday, shortly before we left for my family reunion, I got a text from my mother saying that my cousins had their twins that evening! The babies are full term, healthy and adorable! They both have the same nose as Georgie. I am so, so happy for them and spent  most of the ride to the East stalking Facebook for pictures and updates.

After the family reunion, I had to unpack and the kids had to detox. It was an insane few days. I told Adam that next year, I want him to take some time off before the trip (to help me pack and clean) and after (to unpack, wash, and put away). This year, he was away on business for one trip and working overtime for another. It was too much for me and I was very overwhelmed.

BUT all this silence was not for nothing. I was taking time to write. E-mails have been flying back and forth between me and a few other bloggers to bring you and yours somethingS special. Yup, I said THINGS! This month, there will be a few special events going on at WaldenMommy... and a few other blogs too! The first one should go live this weekend, so please check back for the surprise!

In the meantime, I promise to put a few posts up this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment