Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How does your garden grow?

I don't know about other people but our garden seems to grow zucchini, the odd tomato, zucchini, zucchini, basil, some chives, more zucchini, cucumbers and this random plant that is taking over the back porch. We are not quite sure if it is Sam the Squash or Peter the Pumpkin. Whoever he is, he is sure big! I told Adam that if the random plant turns out to be Peter, we're going to open our own little suburban pumpkin patch. At the very least, I think it warrants a pumpkin carving party, no?

Thankfully, my kids love cucumbers and have been eating a whole one, each, for a snack. No worries there. The zucchini, though? Yeah... we still have bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer from last year! I think everyone now expects it to work its way into everything from brownies to cake to eggs and pasta. In fact, I saw a recipe today that called for zucchini and Joseph said, "Oh, don't make that!"

Be warned, though, if you come to my house, you will be leaving with a cucumber or zuchinni... or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment