Monday, May 21, 2012

Mixed Bag

This past week has just been a random mixed bag of good and bad.

GOOD: Preschool graduation and hearing Georgie talk more and more! Plus, I learned his summer school teachers will be his teachers from this year and the same SpEd classmates he has now. SCORE. I was thinking it was going to be a summer of new classmates and new teachers. I am glad that is not the case!

BAD: I misread the clock and pulled Georgie out of school an hour before time was up. No wonder everyone was still hanging around talking! Ops. We went to Wal Mart and Cole became a MANIAC. He would run down the asile and not stop. When I picked him up, he thrashed around and popped my wrist so it was sore. He wouldn't sit in the cart and only want to dump the crackers. He refused to wear his shoes. Then he didn't want his diaper changed. I told my mother that I don't remember the others being this insane at two but perhaps I was still too doped up on bfing hormones to realize it!

Good: Cami had a final fairwell party with her troop.

BAD: I am not amused by some things going on with said troop.

GOOD: End of year picnic and friends.

BAD: I didn't want to go but I am glad I went. I did have a good time but I feel so overwhelmed. I have alot to do for a trip and a short amount of time in which to do it. It's fustrating. Everything else is under control but I have to deep clean the house, get items ready for a sale, and so on. I had a party to get ready for. That is GOOD but I need to go shopping and...

BAD: The fridge was on the blitz. The GOOD is that I tested all our thermals by shoving ice packs in them and items that I couldn't freeze. They kept everything nice and cold and allowed the boys to have their BA! We also lost NO food!

BAD, again: Something in the freezer was broken and it caused the fridge to heat up. We had to defrost the fridge and freezer for 24 hours. I decided there was no time like the present to clean and wash out the fridge. Let me tell  you, deep cleaning the fridge needs to be an annual thing! I pulled out all the shelves and drawers and put them outside. The kids took the hose, Dawn and some rags and cleaned them. I wiped out the inside and it was NASTY. EW. But it looks much better now! I only tosse a few items that I couldn't freeze in our deep freezer and there was very little left in those jars anyway.

GOOD: The Fridge looks AWESOME.

GOOD: I had a Thirty One open house and invited everyone. I was so excited because people seemed interested. I was going to keep it light- food, booze, no kids, buy something if you want. Adam was super supportive and took the kids out for dinner.

BAD: One person showed up! Now, I might have more orders but I am struggling to make it a party with the min. amount purchased for it to qualify as a party. I can and will put in the orders even if it doesn't count towards my party total. Still, geez.

BAD, BAD, BAD: We have recieved our first negative comments from strangers about Georgie. I want to smack people. I know I can just say, "He has special needs" but I honestly don't feel like explaining to every.single.person what CAS is or why my child is having a meltdown.I just don't. And I shouldn't have to and it shouldn't bother me, but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment