Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Overheard: get the mama!

I've been worried about Cole's speech recently. He babbles and jargons and tries to talk so much more than Georgie ever did but he's hard to understand. He also doesn't have many clear words. I know what he's saying but I think I am bilingual in English and Jargon/Baby Talk/ Preschool Mime.

I guess I don't have to worry, though. Today Cole was whinning about something and Adam asked him what he wanted. He said, "Go get Mama!"

Um, yeah, not that worried anymore!

2 comments:

  1. They all develop at their own pace, though I can see where you might be paranoid. My husband has a daughter 1 year older than ours. She spoke very early, so he has been worried about our daughter who was a little late. I have not been concerned and she communicates pretty well (we did signing). Then we went for a checkup and the doc said she talks more than his child at the same age.

    There has to be such a range to get the average. I was glad to have my husband's fears assuaged, though.

    We're definitely at a point where most can't understand her, but then she'll bust out with some perfectly clear sentence and shock us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are not supposed to compare kids but I can't help but think about how much more my oldest talked at this age. I think with Cole, though, we are heading to an language explosion.

    ReplyDelete