Monday, January 3, 2011

Forward and Back

It's 2011 now. 2009 was a bitch of a year, honestly. So much stress, so much pain. It seemed like once we caught a break, something else would happen.2010 was soooo much better but I'm not sure where it went! It went by so fast!

Adam and I agreed that we need to focus on our health and wellness this year. I want to me more "present and aware" with the kids. Our goals are to eat out less, eat healthier, exercise more (me) and make more of our snacks from scratch.

Of course, this morning I went to set up the WiiFit and turned on the balance board. After using it ONCE, the batteries are dead. I'm headed out to get some more rechargable batteries when we go shopping this morning! (Hello, God? Are you trying to tell me you want me to be fat?!)

I realized that I have been putting off stupid stuff for myself. I have needed and wanted a camera bag for some time now. I also want a pretty new strap. Soon, I am going to buy those practical but nice items for myself. I am also going to get the camera fixed for a present for Adam and myself for Valentine's Day/his birthday. There's no reason I should put off things I need and want just because I am a mother.... within reason, of course! (I think I both need and want a European vacation... no one else agrees with me, though!)

I should say that I hope to get the house cleaner and more organized... I know the massive garage sale we are planning on hosting this spring will help! However, with four active children... I'll take vacuuming once a day and being able to see the floor through the Cheerios!

The kids are ready for school to start. They miss their friends. We were sick last week, so we didn't get to do many of the things we normally like to do on breaks. Hopefully no one will be sick during spring break!

365 days ago, I was 25 weeks pregnant, Georgie was 13 months old, Camille was about to turn four and Joseph was 5.5 years old. In a little less than 365 days, Cole will be 20 months old, Georgie will be 3, Camille will be about to turn SIX and Joseph will be 7.5 years old. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2011 will bring for all six of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment