Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Book Fair

I'd complain that my life is too busy but then someone would remind me that it's my own darn fault.

Waaaay back at the end of the last school year, I was feeling over zealous. Cole was little, snuggly and portable and Georgie wasn't close to two. I thought I had the four-kid thing down pat and signed up to help out- alot- at both the preschool and the public school. I signed up for the book fairs.

Oh, help me.

I love books. We all know that. But I don't know what I was thinking!

I mean, have you ever tried to help people purchase books with four kids running around? For two hours? I have. And I'm tired.

I will admit, the kids were very well behaved. Georgie had just woken up, so I strapped him in his stroller with a snack. That bought me a surprising 15 minutes. I put Joseph to work taking our snack donation to the classroom and gave Camille her coloring book. Cole was in the ergo and...

It took 5 minutes before someone said, "Mommy, can we buy this?"

Now, inspite of spending 100 dollars at Target and not getting the two items I had gone there for (don't.ask)  I had fully intended to buy them each a book. I mean, I'm all for supporting the PTO! It wasn't a bride or because I am a SUCKA. Nope. Not at all.

Thankfully, the kids were put off for awhile while I learned the scan machine. I ended up getting Joseph "Cool Dog, School Dog" and Camille picked out "Goldilious" When I asked her why she didn't get the princess sticker book, she said, "Well, Mommy, I have lots of princess books!" Georgie recieved "Chuggyton" and then tried to hoard ALL the Chuggyton books.He kept bringing them to me, even after I gave him his book! And they were all the same! I think I even caught him sitting in front of those books, cooing at them!

The evening went pretty well. Cole has been porking himself out during the day. He's nursing more than he did as a newborn which, well, that's not hard. He's slept from 8 or 9 pm to 5 or 6 am for two nights! I have no delusions that this will keep up but it was so, so nice last night since I had a sore throat. I felt loads better when I woke up!

(On a random side note, Cole normally sleeps until after midnight then joins me in bed. He sleeps in the curve of my arm. When I woke at 5 am this morning, I had a smidge of bed left and Adam was curled up against me, as Georgie had joined us in bed and was hogging it. I had a moment of panic- Where was my baby???? Had Adam rolled on him??? It took a second before I woke more and realized that Cole was still sleeping in his own bed! There's no way anyone could roll on the baby without rolling on me!)

Tomorrow we have more errands and then a run to a toy store to get what I need for a birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment