Friday, August 6, 2010

It's TWINS!

Or totally not.

Tonight Adam and I took the kids to the neighborhood pool to swim and burn off energy. (Them, not us. We have no energy!) We had all four kids in the pool and were chatting with another couple. The big kids were being AWESOME; jumping off the side, swimming accross the pool. Camille can even do a proper front crawl for a few yards! And both can float!

There was another couple there, swimming with their grandkids. The kids looked about Camille and Joseph's ages; maybe a touch younger.

At one point, the grandmother looked over at me and said, "Wow! They are close in age!" I nodded. "Are they twins?"

I looked at her and said, "Which ones?" Because, um, I think they all CLEARLY look different ages. And heights. And abilites.

She point and Georgie and...

are you ready for this?

COLE!

I mean, OF COURSE a 20 month old wearing 3T clothes and eight teeth in his head, sitting at the side of the pool and jumping in could TOTALLY be twins with the four month old, toothless, little man who can hardly sit up alone are twins! How did ya guess?!

On some random plane, I can see how these two:




could be twins if you figure some boy/girl twins differ greatly in height, clothing size and you didn't hear them talking much.

But these two?



are so totally not twins.

When I said, "No, they are sixteen months apart," she nearly screeched, "SIXTEEN MONTHS!"

They left shortly after, thankfully.

When I asked our friend, "What was with that?" she said, "I know! They are clearly NOT TWINS and LOTS of people have babies sixteen months apart!"

I guess it's better than being told I am busy or have my hands full every single place I go. A change of pace is always good, right?

1 comment:

  1. I always get the "you have your hands full" remark. And while some moments suck, I really just want to look at them and say, "It's really not that hard." I also get the twin comment all of the time when I have Judah and Owen together. That I understand a little more. But it is quite clear that George and Cole are not twins, at all.

    ReplyDelete