Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Sleep, My Darling...

Cole spends alot of time being lugged from place to place, being put in his bouncy while I tend to someone else, in the sling whether he likes it or not. I rarely
get the chance to simply sit and stare at him, kissing his cute little nose or cooing at him.

So at night, we cuddle and nurse and I marvel how his ten pound body and chubby cheeks can curl up so perfectly into the curve of my belly. When he dozes off, I stare at him, so sweet and perfect and pure:



It's our time together, just him and me, no siblings, no toys dropped on the head, no dog running around. I can cuddle, kiss and admire his perfect baby toes, sweet soft hair, tiny fingers. All too soon I will have to chase him down for diaper changes, peel him off the table, wipe jelly off the fingers. But for now, tonight....

Sleep, My darling... all through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment