Friday, January 11, 2013

Quick Takes Friday: Illness, and decorations


 
1.
 
This past weekend, Adam and I were both sick. There should be some rule that parents can NOT be sick at the same time! I had a migraine that put me flat on my back and didn't allow me to go dress and shoe shopping with my mother and sister-in-law. (You know I was sick if I couldn't shop!) The next day I was still recovering and Adam didn't feel well. We both missed Mass but my in-laws took pity on me and took the kids for the afternoon.
 
2.
 
We were going to take down the Christmas decor but, yeah, didn't happen.
 
3.
 
As a result, my house is filthy and the Christmas stuff is still up! We're hoping to get it down this weekend,
 
4.
 
This has been the kids first full week back at school. I am pleased with how smoothly it has gone.
 
5.
 
Back on the illness train, Cole had a bad cough and runny nose. He's not sick-sick but, man, that nose is bothering him! He would sneeze then point to the snot on his face, freaking out. The cough was so bad he couldn't sleep at night. I went to Target and found some cough medicine for toddlers! I am STOKED because it is basically honey (good for coughs and sore throats), zinc (immune boosting) and... melatonin! Yes, I shamelessly drug my children to make them sleep.
 
6.
 
On a serious note, I am a firm believer in the "sleep heals all" theory. Well, at least if he sleeps, I sleep and then I am in a better mood to help take care of my kid. I never said it works only on the sickie....
 
7.
 
It went from snowing to 55 this week. Midwestern winters are insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment