Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Wish Lists

For the past four or five years, my husband's family has exchange Christmas Wish Lists. (Before that, it was a free for all which involved alot of stupid gag gifts and coffee mugs and cat ornaments...) We always put something crazy on there (I routinely ask for a House Elf) but they are mostly filled with solid, practical suggestions that are inexpensive to buy but something we could all use.

Hot on my list this year is:
The Walden Pond Shirt from Out of Print Clothing. I wouldn't mind The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Little Women... or Animal Farm, 1984 or Fahrenheit 451 either. Yes, yes I am the type of mother who would wear an Animal Farm shirt to the kids elementary school when I go up to volunteer. Or Brave New World. I am overly fond of quoting those books anyway. I like distopian/utopian novels BEFORE it was cool to like them!

An under the cabniet mount for the iPad.

I also want the iPad screen fixed but, you know, details, details.

Joseph:

Lego Sopwith Camel. In other words, a billion little pieces on which to impale my feet in the middle of the night.

I'm also going to make him a pocket reading pillow and fill it with books. He loves the "I Survived . . ." series and is getting into graphic novels.

A simple model kit and art supplies, like a big pad of paper. I ordered some fun, eco-friendly art supplies from Stubby Pencil Studio.

Camille:
The Princess was a little harder this year. Coupled with a birthday after Christmas, I need gift ideas for both holidays. She loves to draw and create so I think she is going to get mostly art supplies and craft kits. She has asked to learn how to sew, so I found a couple simple beginning sewing and beginning crochet kits. I also found a no-sew tie blanket kit. She will probably get some LEGO Friends and a few books... maybe some Barbies. I am also making her some 18 inch doll clothes.

George and Cole:
One of the challenges of having two kids the same gender and only 15 months apart is the shopping. They are into the same things at the same time but we don't always need two of the same things. I found Cole a baseball set that pitches balls to you. (I know it is winter but we have been having a warm winter, so he could play with it outside.) A friend suggested some lacing beads, so I think Cole will get those too. George is likely getting a Jake and the Neverland Pirates pirate ship. They both love Monster Trucks so I think they might like giant monster trucks. I am making both boys Hobby Horses and some stuffed farm animals.

Adam:
Adam is sooo hard to shop for! However, I put together a scrap book of our time in DC and picked up a few items for him.

Our two nephews are getting puzzles. I think I am getting our niece (age 5) a rag doll I am making and some puzzles or art supplies.

What are the loved ones in your life asking for this holiday season?

2 comments:

  1. Where did you find the no sew blanket kit? I think Emma would like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazon! I think they have them at craft stores too! I've been hoarding my Joann's and Hobby Lobby coupons and getting them at a discount. They are often on sale too!

    ReplyDelete