Sunday, November 20, 2011

Keeping life (p)interesting

I've been on Pinterest lately and I am hooked! It's so nice to be able to see all your bookmarks laid out for you. I'm a visual person and I need to see it to remember it. It's great- no more awesome links forgotten. I've never been one for crafting or kid craft blogs because I forget the ideas but now with Pinterest I can find easy thing I CAN do and file them away for later.

Like this cool bathtub paint idea!

The directions say to use one cup of clear or white baby/bath wash to 4 tablespoons of cornstarch. I used a bit less than a cup of Johnson and Johnson's baby wash and the four tablespoons of cornstarch. It made the paint pretty thick and perfect for finger painting.

I think this would be great for a gift or a way to use up leftover baby wash or even a bunch of those little hotel bottles of soap. My kids don't use Johnson and Johnson anymore because it irritate their skin. I thought that the paint would be fine since it was in such small quantities. However, Bear broke out in a rash (which went away when I rinsed him well) so I'll just start using our "normal" wash on him.

However, the kids painted all over the bathtub with this stuff and since it is soap based, it just washed off.. I have the cleanest bathtub now!

Another great find are these adorable travel pillow cases. I bet you could do this with a cheap store-bought pillow case but it is super easy to do with fabric. I made one for my two year old nephew and another for my four year old niece. For the girl, I used ribbon for the handle. For the boy, I didn't have any non-pink ribbon on hand so I made a handle out of fabric. I'm going to wrap them with other gifts but they would be super cute to put a pillow in and then place wrapped books, coloring books, crayons and other small items in the pocket. (For those who are wondering, my nephew is getting a wooden tool set and my niece is getting some Little Mermaid paper dolls.)

I've also tried some GREAT recipes! I need to post those soon because several of them have become family faves!

No comments:

Post a Comment