Friday, November 19, 2010

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Two years ago, Nov 19th 2008 began much the same way as Nov 19, 2010.

I had a four and a half year old and a two and half year old. We spent the morning chilling, watching Playhouse Disney, before a quick lunch and taking Joseph to preschool. Camille fell asleep on the way home and I carried her up the stairs with difficultly, as there was an intense, searing pain in my pelvis. I put her on the couch and went downstairs to read "Edward's Story" on-line and sit on my birthing ball. I noticed some contractions through the pelvic pain but thought nothing of them, as I had had lots of BH and contractions during the pregnancy.

When Joseph came home, I called Adam in tears begging him to come home early and help with the kids. He did so and, shortly after they left to run an errand, my waters broke at 35 weeks.

***
Today we got off to a rough start as we took Joseph to school. I still have a four and a half year old in afternoon preschool but it is Camille, not Joseph. I have a two year old, but he is closer to two than two and a half. We are chilling out watchingn the HUB and playing with Little People. My house is a mess and I am unmotivated to clean it. (But, you know, that's a constant state!) We will have a simple lunch before taking Camille to preschool. Hopefully, Georgie will fall asleep on the way home and take a much needed nap.

Today, there's no pelvic pain and I am 35 weeks pregnant. I know his birthday is coming and I know the outcome of his prematurity. I know the pain and suffering that goes with having a child in the NICU but I know the joy and friends you make.

I think we've all come a long way since 5 pm on Nov. 19th, 2008.  And, yes, I wish he had been born healthy. I wish he had been born at term. But I love who he is and how his mere exsistence has made us grow. He's the third child I prayed for, the one I asked God for, the baby I wanted to name after Adam's grandfather. He is perfect, he is wonderful and he is just who this family needs.

Happy birthday my sweet Georgie Pordgie Puddin' Pie. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment