Monday, February 8, 2010

Let's recap the broken appliences, shall we?

Since Christmas, 2009:

Main computer caught a virius- still broken
garage door broken- FIXED
dishwaher completely died- FIXED with 60 dollars left over to spend at Sears or Kmart. we were without that one for a month
washing machine- died in the middle of a cloth diaper load. Fixed to the tune of 130. We were without that for a week.
The car needed new breaks and two suspension pieces- FIXED to the tune of 300 dollars we weren't expecting to spend.
The vacuum cleaner- died tonight.
Oven- been on the fritz since we got the stupid thing... more on that later.

Is it just me or is this getting a little scary? And silly? I've spent most of 2010 waiting on repair men, parts to come in and workng around things I would like to have or NEED (anyone want to do without a washing machine?????). Frankly, I'm pretty pissed at the vacuum cleaner. Yes, it's over four years old and gets ALOT of use but I'm old fashioned. I expect to get more than a few years out of my vacuum! It's a good thing that I hate the stupid thing or I would be more upset.

(When our old one died, I was preg with Camille and Adam picked out this cleaner. I think it's too heavy and doesn't deep clean as well as I would like.)

See above for the story of the stupid oven....

No comments:

Post a Comment